The primary function of this position verifies and documents third party coverage Third Party Billing Companies and the Yerington Paiute Tribal Health Clinic.Back to Job ListingsApply Now
Business Office Supervisor
Level 11-0 $13.27, Level 12-0 $13.94, Level 13-0 $14.63 F/T 40 HR/WK
- Directs and administers the mature 638 Combined Health Services Compact.
- Receive receipt and reconcile all payments with Finance Office Daily
- Track patient payments made through Medical Records to be included on Daily Collections Report and submitted monthly.
- Track Patient Payment Agreements; assist in clearing up old account balances.
- Collect Estimate of Benefits (EOB’s) or Remittance Advice (RA’s) from mail, on-line services and Clearing House; Match EOB’s or RA’s with payments received by Finance.
- Work closely with Tribe’s billing Contractor to collect and review data for returned or denied claims.
- Scan and upload all EOBs or Ras to Billing Contractor; maintain documents in organized files.
- Assure Medical Records is processing all virtual credit card (insurance) payments timely.
- Research and process patient and/or insurance refunds.
- Verify insurance information as needed.
- Integrate new providers with our group; update provider/group information with Medicare and Medicaid.
- Produce reports for the annual audits regarding accounts receivables.
- Post explanation of benefits in an organized manner.
- Report all daily collections on the “Daily Practice Collection Summary” and reconcile with finance office daily (collections include cash, check or credit card payments by patient for co-pay, self-pay, paying on account balance, payroll deductions or paying for services or products).
- Report all daily collections to Health Director, Fiscal Officer and finance office.
- Work closely with the Tribes finance office to account for and post insurance payments.
- Track all patient payment agreements and assist in clearing up old account balances.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable balances and reconcile monthly with Tribal General Ledger and Third-Party Billing Company.
- Act as resource for all departments related to billing, pricing, coding, documentation and notifications from Billing Contractor.
- Complete insurance provider enrollment application packets for the Clinic.
- Abide by the Tribe’s Clinic Fiscal Policy and Collection Policy.
- Understand and comply with HIPAA rules and regulations and other privacy laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Two years Medical Billing experience or Certified Medical Biller preferred.
- Experience working with computers and Microsoft Office Software.
- Background in Health Information Systems preferred, IHS.RPMS experience preferred.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills and high regard for confidentiality.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to complete tasks assigned in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have a CPR Certificate
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and complete background investigation.
- Possess a valid Nevada driver’s license.
Able to lift 40lbs or more.