The primary function of the position under the Tax Director will be responsible for the management of the Tax Department office, including filing correspondences, examine tax filings, data and report compilation. Enforce and monitor tax codes for compliance. Incumbent must attend trainings for job improvement and performance.Back to Job ListingsApply Now
Level 12-0 $13.94 to Level 14-0 $15.37hr F/T 40hrs/wk
- Responsible for maintaining daily tasks and an efficient filing system.
- Able to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Answer the phone and other correspondence in a polite and professional manner.
- Able to enforce tax codes, ordinance, monitor taxpayers’ files.
- Attend training/class provided by Internal Revenue Service and pass a test to get certified in order to perform federal income tax preparation service and other trainings as needed.
- Able to use a computer and produce complex reports and graphs.
- Responsible for the Business Licenses (BL) application process, examine applications to verify completeness, log BL info and prepare for approval and issuance.
- Review tribal tax log for compliance.
- Maintain positive and effective working relationship with individuals and entities associated with tribal taxation matter.
- Transcribe minutes for all taxation meetings.
- Organize and implement assignments efficiently, as quantity and quality demand will be of high volume.
- Investigate of noncompliance with regulations, ordinances, codes through field investigations for Business License and enforce tax codes and ordinances.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports of collections of Business License, all revenues; maintain receipt copies, records of all revenue collected.
- Provide assistance to Tax payers/Representative in completing proper tax forms, examine mathematical calculations to ensure correctness of tax payments.
- Answer general tax related questions using knowledge of the tax laws and tribal tax codes and ordinances.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, check request and arrange travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- AA Degree or (2) years’ experience in a tax related or a business, accounting or administration position or closely related field may be considered.
- Communication skills and ability to organize and express ideas clearly.
- Able to type at least 60 words per minute accurately, experience and knowledge in Word, Excel, and other applicable programs.
- Not required but recommended to become a Notary Public.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Possess a valid Nevada Driver’s License and be insurable.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and complete background investigation.
- Good time management skills and must complete tasks assigned in a timely manner.
- Able to lift 40 lbs or more.