The primary function of the position is responsible for working in Tribal Government accounting environment to provide primary financial support functions for Government and Enterprises for the Yerington Paiute Tribe.Back to Job ListingsApply Now
Level 14-0 $15.37 to 16-0 $16.94 F/T 40hrs/wk.
- Review timesheets and employee deductions for accuracy, completeness and compliance to policy, laws and other regulations.
- Review and verify account codes for employees with directors and human resources.
- Verify directors have submitted timesheets/leave request and are accurate.
- Review leave sheets for appropriate authorization and remaining leave balances.
- Input all worker time sheets into payroll system.
- Prepare Electronic transfer for Direct Deposit payroll with appropriate approvals.
- Prepare checks for signature and distribution.
- Maintain and update employee payroll files.
- Assists in maintaining internal accounting controls to provide management with reasonable assurance to safeguard assets against loss from unauthorized use of or disposition of Tribal funds or Federal and State funds under Tribal control.
- Maintains and secures comprehensive files and source documents.
- Maintains finance records retention in compliance with Tribal, Federal, State, and granting agencies.
- Data entry.
- Prepare and process quarterly and annual payroll tax reports, including but not limited to W-2s, 941s, 1099’s with A/P, and all State employment reports.
- Coordinates with Human Resources on distribution codes, grants and contract close-outs, new hires and terminations.
- Assists in the annual audit as required.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot with IT for payroll/timekeeping issues.
- Prepares and submits insurance distribution reports.
- Process all payroll-like transactions in the Accounts Payable A/P Module
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- AA degree in Accounting preferred or High School Diploma/GED and three year’s continuous work experience in bookkeeping/accounting required specific to payroll.
- Working knowledge of Payroll principles, practices.
- Ability be a team player and work independently.
- Knowledge of Windows, Excel and Word computer programs.
- Prior experience with computerized accounting systems preferred.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with all staff and customers contacted in daily work.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Willing to cross-train.
- Possess a valid Nevada Driver’s License and be insurable.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and complete background investigation.
- Able to lift 40lbs or more.